Friday, August 14, 2015

21st Birthday Care Package

These are the LAST care packages!!! AND, they also happen to be Birthday Care packages!!

I did 2 separate care packages.

Since my husband's 21st birthday is a few weeks away, the first is a (Root) Beer Pong box. I didn't want to send actual beer and get him in trouble. Although I have gotten a lot of advice on how to sneak alcohol into these boxes...

Root Beer, Ping Pong Balls and Solo cups (regular size and mini!)

Also included in this box is
A buttload of candy

 Silly String

 Birthday hats and party blowers

Balloons

I had ZERO idea how to decorate this box, so I just settled on something simple.

The second box is a little more fun!

Again I did the cake in a jar.
 This time I bought pre-colored cake mix.
I also included orange and green frosting
And of course, birthday candles!!!
 My batter all mixed and ready to pour

To bake the cake in the jars, put your mason jars in a brownie pan. Fill the pan with 1/4"-1/2" of water.
 Each mason jar ended up being filled with 1c of batter. You can do it in whatever pattern you want. Or just a solid color. You can do this with any cake flavor!
Bake them at 350 for ~40 minutes
 While you wait for the cakes to bake, put the lids in water and bring it to a boil. Not the screw part, just the lid part. Once it's been boiling for ~5 minutes, put the lid on top of the jar and screw the other part on. You will hear a "pop". Don't worry though, that's just the jar sealing!

Wrap them in bubble wrap and stick them in the box with the frosting seprate.
This box I did something special... I wrapped the inside of it!
The flat rate boxes come apart super easy. So, take it apart and lay it out flat.

 Roll your wrapping paper over the box, and cut it to size. You can then glue or tape the paper to the box.
Make sure to cut where the box is cut so you can fold the flaps.
Put the box back together with packing tape and voila!

Here's the box all packed! I added fun bows and confetti for even more fun. Make sure to put the bows on the flaps you fold down first! 
Most everything was bought at the dollar store. Everything except the mason jars (Which I had from the last cakes) cake mix and frosting. 

I can't believe these are the last care packages! I had so much fun putting them all together. I hope I have helped someone in some way! I will continue blogging probably until his homecoming. But this is the last blog post for care packages! Now the real countdown begins!




No comments:

Post a Comment